Use, suspension and recall of certificates
The electronic identity card with an active identification certificate is used to sign in to e-citizens service at the web address: https://pretinac.gov.hr, and other e-services.
Qualified digital signature
In addition to signature certificate, electronic identity card is used to carry out activities related to the certification of documents by electronic signature as a valid substitute for personal signature.
The person to whom the identification certificate on the identity card was issued has the right to activate the necessary software solution on mobile devices, which is a way for a person to manage his personal data and validate his electronic identity. A remote personal qualified signature certificate can be obtained by a person who has enabled the software solution for mobile devices and issued a signature certificate on the identity card.
After evaluating the circumstances that require the suspension of credentials, a request for suspension is made promptly.
A citizen may submit a request for the suspension of a certificate:
- personally using the electronic service on the web www.eoi.hrby selecting "Certificates/Certificate Management" from the menu
- by submitting a request to the police administration/station
The reasons for suspending the certificate are:
- suspected loss or theft of an identity card
- suspected misuse or unauthorized use of a private key
The reason for withdrawing the certificate suspension is the finding of the eID, i.e. the cessation of the reason for which the certificate suspension was requested
The information regarding the certificate's revocation is immediately published on the certification service provider's list of revoked certificates.
Revocation of a person's certificate can only be done in person by submitting a request to the police administration / station.
The reasons for revoking the certificate are:
- damage, loss or theft of an identity card
- misuse or unauthorized use of a private key
- termination of the certificate's validity before the end of the time for which it was issued for the reasons specified in Art. 15 of the Law on Identity Cards
- if a person's personal name or identification number has changed, he or she must request a revocation within two days after the change
The revoked certificate cannot be renewed.
If the certificate is revoked, the person must request new certificates, i.e. new identity card.